« Home | More Reubanz: #1 » | More Reubanz: #2 » | More Reubanz: #3 » | What a morning! » | Stitchy Kitty - Frost on the Pumpkin » | Oopsies » | I went SHOPPING! :) » | Reubanz » | What I've learnt... » | Banzai and new friend »

Walking down memory lane...

I was flipping through some old photographs today, ones from my pre-uni days, when I was back in secondary school and in junior college in Singapore. I realise how much I miss my friends, the close frienships we had and how we saw one another almost everyday. Technology is great and I still keep in touch with most of them, but being miles away still is difficult. After coming to Australia, we have drifted apart and the relationships aren't the same as before. I may still know of what is going on with them, but at the same time, I am not part of their lives. Everytime I am back in Singapore, we will meet up and play catch-up, but I miss that closeness we had, seeing one another in school, hanging out afterwards, and our numerous gatherings. I don't regret coming to Australia, and I am truly grateful for the opportunities that have come my way because of this decision, and the way life has turned out for me. Still, I miss those teenage days, when we were carefree and spilt our hearts out to one another, and today, I particularly ache for those times, and I am almost close to tears. I don't know if any of my friends actually read my blog, but if you're here, you guys know who you are, I miss all of you terribly, and I hope we always keep in touch, no matter how far apart we are.

Leeny - I think we all feel that way one time or another. I miss having any close friends - I really don't have any anymore. Just know that at least your cyber friends are here for you sending cyber hugs. Just a click away .... debbi

Ditto to what debbi says!! I had close friends and sometimes I miss having close friends so much but get over it quickly when I realize how close I am to my family since breaking ties with my friends and well it's better for me, but I still miss my friends from time to time.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading