« Home | What THE?! » | All MINE! Muahahaha... » | Cherries! » | I love Wednesdays :) » | Blech to the infinity » | Long time no see » | ...Whatever... » | TV blog » | Hurray! I stitched! :) » | Heritage Series - Around The World With Marty Link... »

All hail the new Vampire Queen!

I started reading MaryJanice Davidson's "Undead and Unwed" this morning, and finished it this afternoon. It was a fun read, and I absolutely enjoyed it. I don't love it as much as I do my Terry Pratchett books, but still, it's a great new find, and one that I'm glad to have on my bookshelf. At times, it was a little too ludicrous, not that the notion of being a vampire is far-fetched, I mean, come on, I read Terry Pratchett, it's got the whole range of fantasy stuffed in them, but the fact that you become a vampire, and friends and loved ones just embrace you like it's any normal thing that could happen, that was kinda weird for me for a while and I didn't really buy it. But I still think it's a pretty good story.

The main character, Elizabeth "Betsy" Taylor, she cracks me up. Her obsession with designer shoes reminds me of Carrie from 'Sex and the City', I wonder if the author found a bit of inspiration from the TV show. I do like pretty shoes myself (although I don't think I have it as bad as Debbi :p), but I certainly will not pay $450 for a pair of Manolo Blahniks (according to Carrie), and that's in US dollars too, YIKES! I think it's good that my love of shoes isn't that deep, cross-stitch alone can cripple me, LOL. Anyways, I think Betsy is a fab character, I'm really looking forward to the next one, "Undead and Unemployed", I think it's gonna be another great one! For now, I've gotta bring Banzai for a walk, and when I get back, I wanna do some stitching. Her Drama-ness will be back later....maybe...*grin*

ha ha ha. Don't you just love those Undead books? I think I have to go to B&N and get them all! And yes, I may not be a vampire, but I so relate to the shoe fetish. kiss kiss ... debbi

Tsk tsk, you and your shoe fetish :p Like I said, I don't have it as bad as you, but once I start working, maybe I can explore that avenue, LOL. I think Terrence will kill me first *grin* And yes, I love these books, I think it's just these 2 at the moment, but if you find any more, don't forget to let me know!

eileen :)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading