« Home | ...Whatever... » | TV blog » | Hurray! I stitched! :) » | Heritage Series - Around The World With Marty Link... » | My poor boss... » | Birthday celebrations » | It's Sunday already?! » | What are bathing boxes for? » | Presenting.....BANZAI! :) » | Egg faces »

Long time no see

I haven't blogged in a while, a combination of laziness and me just not having the time to sit in front of the computer. So, on Friday, I went to the farms with my friends, it was a reaaaalllyyyyyy hot day, and man, I felt like I was being barbequed, LOL. Especially when picking cherries, a lot of the nice ones were up pretty high in the tree, so I constantly had to look up, and the sun burns! I am actually craving for the winter cold, at least I had means to stay warm, with the heat, there is only that many layers of clothing that I can peel off, and of course, I have no air-conditioning at home. Anyways, back to the farms, all of us had a good time, I think my friends enjoyed the strawberry farm the most. The ice-cream was heavenly, and such a treat on such a hot day. Unfortunately, the strawberries were TINY, the last 2 times I was there, they were massive, we must have picked a bad day to go, but still, we all had heaps of fun. By the end of it, we were all exhausted, the heat does sap the energy from a person, and so we called off dinner, and just headed home. I was like a dead person when I got home, LOL, I just lounged around till I went to bed, I couldn't even find the energy to stitch, I was that tired!

Yesterday was a relaxing day, Terrence took the day off, so we could go out together. We had lunch, did a bit of shopping, and then watched 'The Grudge' at night. I had already seen the original Japanese movie it's based on, 'Ju-on', so I already knew the story, and could anticipate when the scary bits would happen. I also knew that the movie did not adapt the story into an American setting, it just took American characters to substitute the original Japanese characters, even so, I did feel a little disappointed as I was hoping they woud inject some fresh material. There were a few minor changes, and it did combine elements from the 'Ju-on' series of movies, but still, everything was pretty much the same. It was definitely more slick and polished, and had better special effects (still could scare me 2nd time round, LOL), but I think the original Japanese version is still overall better. Terrence was absolutely bored throughout the movie, cos I not only made him watch the Japanese one with me, but of course, I had to drag him along with me last night as my big strong man to cling on to, LOL. He doesn't like horror movies, he thinks they're all stupid, so the next time we're going to a movie, it's gotta be a good one, otherwise he won't budge, hee hee. I think it will either be 'The Incredibles' or 'Ocean's Twelve', they both sound like excellent films!

I mentioned about a blog skin before that I found which I thought would be good to use, but Terrence said that the techie stuff behind it wasn't that good, so that idea was ditched. I found another one, which I think is real cute, so hopefully Terrence will give it the OK about the technical stuff, and will make it all ready for me to use it soon. I'm really looking forward to a new look for my blog! :)

Looking forward to your new skin. and liked reading about the Grudge ... remember, I was the one who "didn't get it" ... hugs, debbi

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading