« Home | It's Friday.... » | New look! :) » | Waiting for August... » | After a week..... » | Revenge of the Bitch » | My current stitching project » | I fell.....AGAIN!!!!! » | Little House Needleworks - Lavender Hill » | ***GROSS ALERT*** » | Crazy shit! »

I'm a BookCrosser!

Yep, you heard me right, as of today, I'm officially a BookCrosser! Before I ramble on, here's a definition of BookCrossing:

"The practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise."

Essentially, you "release a book in the wild", but each book has its own little tracking mechanism thing, and hopefully the person who picks it up will head to the website and keep the trail going. I'm not doing a very good job of explaining this, so it's best if you go here to have a quick read: http://www.bookcrossing.com/. I have heard about this a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty neat, but never gave it a go in the end. I then read about it on Candice's blog and thought, hey, probably time to give it a try! I had a few books that I was planning to give to the local library anyways, so this was just a more adventurous avenue, and will be lots of fun for me to see if anyone "catches" them!

I've registered 3 books and I'm planning to release these in the "wild" - 1. Michael Connelly's City of Bones, which I finished reading recently, 2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (a duplicate copy), and 3. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaardner. I was so excited, I ran off to Officeworks to get labels and prepare the books to be released, LOL. I have more to let go, but I will take my time with this. Well, if I do manage to convince anyone to give this a go, when you join, please put me as your referral: leeny37. Thanks! :) If you want to check out my bookshelf, go to: http://leeny37.bookcrossing.com/.

Here's the latest update on my WIP, I'm liking it so far, I loved how the rainbow came together, I think it's pretty! Alrighty, that's it from me for now, if you are visiting, please say hello!


Raise the Roof Designs - The Marriage Tree Posted by Picasa

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading