« Home | I am going to WORK! » | 4 My Boys - Needle and Thread (Bitty Bud Kit) » | Little House Needleworks - Home of a Needleworker » | Irregular Choice shoes » | Good and Bad » | Grammar Nazi » | Pet tag » | Thursday's story » | Another day of shopping » | Shoe wall »

It's the weekend! (^o^)

WOW. It's been a huge week, and I'm glad it's the weekend. Not that the week was bad, but it was a full-on week and very tiring, and I really need the rest to recharge and get ready for the new week ahead! I actually know the feeling of looking forward to a weekend, I'm such an adult! LOL.

So, where do I start? There is so much to blog about, I'm not sure where to begin. In fact, there's so much to blog about, I just feel like doing a summary, LOL. Well, let me start by saying, the last 5 days have been incredible. I'm really glad that I got to meet all of the graduates joining HP, and while I didn't have the chance to really get to know every single person well, it was still amazing to have the opportunity to interact with my peers. I don't think I will be working with all of them in the future, but I'm sure I will be doing so with some of them, and it will be interesting to track our progress as we begin our careers with HP.

As for the company, it's great. I know it may be a very naive view at the moment, considering that I have been there for all of one week (without doing any real work), but I think I did get a genuine feel for the place, and the people are fabulous. Senior managers made time to give us presentations and join us for dinners, and there was absolute no air about them, and these were really senior senior managers. Graduates from 2001/2002 also came to speak to us and they felt the same way. Of course, they could have been lying through their teeth, but I seriously don't think so, I think they were very honest with us, and they genuinely love their work and being part of HP. I'm really looking forward to my next "first" day, I'm still scared, but I am eager to learn, and I'm just gonna keep trying to do my best and see how it goes from there. Welcome to corporate life!

Oh, my "lovely" boys destroyed my stitching armchair last night, booo hooo. They have been very good throughout the week, I actually thought they were coping well without me being there during the day, so yesterday, after work, together with Terrence, I had gone to Big W and splurged on almost $100 worth of doggie treats to keep them happy during the day while I'm not there. What do u know, when we got home, we were treated to a white Christmas, and I mean that literally. The armchair we bought at Ikea during a clearance sale and didn't come with a cover. Instead we just used a flat bedsheet as some sort of a makeshift cover which has been working very well. I'm sure I have mentioned plenty of times before, Banzai (when he was still by himself) loves it and enjoys sleeping on it and all other comfortable places like the couch, bed, etc. Not really sure what happened yesterday (we assume both dogs were guilty), but the bedsheet was ripped off, and the backing cushion which you lean on was torn to bits and all the stuffing/fluff inside was ALL OVER the living room floor, it was covered with this stuff completely. I didn't know if I should cry or laugh, actually, I must admit I was kinda amused, but also very sad at the fate of my armchair. I wasn't too horribly mad, cos I know it's hard for them to be alone, and I can only hope it gets a bit easier for them in time. Apart from that one incident, they really have been very good, much better than I had hoped for. Well, just need to find a replacement cushion somehow......

And before I finish, just to answer some questions. Debbi, I put the smileys up on my blog by linking from my own server where I uploaded them to. I didn't want to steal bandwidth by linking directly (some don't like that), and also, if they were hosted on geocities, it wouldn't work in the first place. Some do let you link directly though, like how Tracey has been doing it, so do a google search, and hunt down those cute kao-ani! Hope this information helps! :) And Mercy, nah, I have not stitched at all this week, not even today, there was a fair bit of other stuff for me to catch up on, so I haven't even thought of stitching yet, although I would love to. This week was crazy though, and not a normal work week, so I'm hoping after the next 2 weeks I will be able to settle into a routine and work in some stitching as well as a bit of my other usual activities, hee hee. And last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETRA! Sorry for not wishing you a happy birthday earlier, it has been a real hectic week over here! I hope you will have or had a great day, and all the best!

Well, that's it from me for now. I'm going to try to do some bumming around here and recapture some memories from my bummer lifestyle, LOL. Definitely going to rest as much as I can over the weekend, otherwise I'm gonna end up like this:
Hee hee....alrighty, have a good weekend everyone!

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading