« Home | Check out my badly made buttons » | My poor baby :( » | Is this GORGEOUS or what?! » | One and only » | Ready for a laugh? » | Crazy Saturday » | Death of the Mira » | WIP pic » | Friday Post » | Another bad day »

Buttons Part II


Hey Debbi, just for you, here is another picture with a penny in it! Although I think this is the British penny, but I don't think the size will differ too much. And now to answer the questions! :) Posted by Hello

I followed the instructions and oven-baked these buttons at 130 degrees celcius for 30 minutes. I bought metallic red-coloured clay, I think it probably shows a bit better in this picture, you can see the glittery bits. So yeah, I didn't do any painting at all, I don't think my creative talents can extend that far, LOL. The clay is actually a much brighter red, for some reason after baking the colour became a bit dull, and it doesn't help that I've got my fingerprints all over it and baked into the clay, which has affected the overall shine. I need to figure out how to somehow polish it to get the shine back...but only if I'm that bothered eventually, hee hee.

Thanks anyway for the comments on my buttons, hopefully my next batch will show an improvement! :)

Awesome! I still think they are adorable. LOL on the fingerprints. Now you have to stitch something to match your buttons!
hugs,
debbi

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading