« Home | Ideas please! :) » | Is Vaughn really gone? » | Loving my TV » | Lola has been found :) » | PLEASE HELP! » | My dog is a pervert » | 5 years, WOO HOO! » | Bum Bum BUMMER » | I'm BACK! » | TA-DA! »

Life goes on...

Ahhh....it's been ages since I've posted huh? No excuses on my part, primarily laziness and of course, I don't really have anything exciting to report. Work has been a bit of a bummer lately as well, I'm getting a taste of internal politics, and I absolutely HATE it. I'm not a "networker", I do my job and get recognition based on that, I'm not the kind to make buddy-buddy with managers and hope that my connections will get me far. Or brag and oversell what I did in front of others. While I understand that it is important to establish some kind of a network (which is a challenge for me), I abhor that sometimes, it seems like the network is the only thing that counts. I have heard people say, "It's not what you know, it's who you know" and I hope that's not gonna be true for the rest of my career.

Oh well, enough with my rant. On to other things. I won an eBay auction of 160+ books, which I picked up yesterday. Yay, SOOOO exciting, I know, LOL. Well, it was pretty thrilling for me, more books to add to my bookshelf and to help in doing some wild relasing for BookCrossing! I'm also meeting up with a couple of friends tomorrow night. They're both friends from secondary school; one I haven't seen in ages, I didn't know she was in Melbourne, I bumped into her by accident in the city! The other, I had caught up with recently, she's currently located in Sydney but will be heading here for a business trip, so it was opportune for all 3 of us to catch up. Nothing fancy, just dinner, coffee (or hot chocolate, in my case!) and possibly cake (the restaurant we're meeting at has the most DIVINE cakes!), if we all decide to indulge, hee hee.

I'm also turning 25 on Tuesday, yippee hoo ha. Yikes, I'm getting OLD. I'm not freaking out yet, so far I haven't had the fear of getting older, but I'm sure it will hit me soon, like when I turn 30, hee hee. Oh well, for now, I will enjoy being in my twenties, and hitting the mid-twenties mark! I'm not doing anything special, I will be having dinner with Terrence at this Thai place that I like, and possibly getting a birthday cake, if Terrence is organised! *grin* I will be working that day anyways, so it's not like I have the time to anything spectacular. Which reminds me, I actually have to bring something to the office on my birthday, apparently it's some office tradition, I'm gonna be making Asian jelly (it's the easiest way for me to explain), I thought something different may be neat, hopefully my colleagues will like it!

Alrighty, I think that's it for my break, I've gotta get back to my laundry. I hate weekend chores! Hope everyone had a good week, till next time! :)

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading