« Home | 2005, here I come! :) » | Last week EVER! » | FREAKY Melbourne » | Diane Arthurs - Four Seasons » | Merry Christmas! :) » | I'm here! » | Received from my secret stitcher » | Neglected blog » | My asthma is back :( » | Hot and lazy »

...and a Happy New Year...

It's officially 2005, and I hope everyone had some great celebrations! :) Our plans for a picnic on New Year's Day was scrapped because it was forecasted to rain at the area we wanted to go to, so instead, we just headed to Chadstone shopping centre for a look-see and a walk around. And I got myself some goodies! I bought my first item for work, a pair of shoes that were on sale. It's a pair of flats, I have been specifically seeking flats, since I have no idea what to expect on the job and how much walking I will be doing, I wanted a nice pair of shoes that I can still walk the whole day in and not kill myself. Once I've grown accustomed to my work environment, maybe I will bring out my heels, LOL. I didn't find anything else though, the range of work clothes was limited, and I did come across an OK suit, but the jacket alone was $350, so NO WAY that I would spend that much money, I didn't even think it was a nice suit. I do have lots of time to shop, so I will keep going back to look for stuff.

Terrence bought me more Monopoly to add to my collection! WOOO HOOO! :) One was a collector's edition and came in a tin box, it's pretty similar to the Nostalgia wooden box one that I already have, but the tin box is so pretty, I just had to have it, LOL. The other Monopoly was the original trilogy edition of Star Wars, I don't really care much for Star Wars, that's more up Terrence's alley, but it's still a Monopoly board, and the R2D2 token was cute, so I'm still happy to have this addition. I also got a book, Mark Haddon's 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time". It's meant to be a teenager's book, like the Harry Potter books, but it looked interesting, so I got it anyway, hee hee.

Well, that's about it. Terrence is back to work from today, so for me, it's back to the usual routine of household chores, TV, and stitching. At least I don't have to worry about work, and can happily bum away, LOL. I will also need to go shopping for work clothes, but I probably won't head back to the shopping centres that soon, probably end of nextt week or the week after. I will also try to do research about my upcoming job at HP, although I don't know what I need to be looking at or reading, but I will definitely try. I don't want to start work and come across to my superiors like some kind of super slacker, hee hee. Anyways, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day, bye bye for now! :)

Every day that you find new shoes is a good day! hugs, debbi

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Leeny
  • From Melbourne, Australia
  • This is where I dazzle you with my wit and fascinate you with my interesting self....but no, it ain't happening. I'm just a normal person, who can be a little nutty at times, but otherwise lead a regular life. Oh, and I LOVE cross-sitching, but I'm not 80 years old :p
My profile

My Unkymood

    My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

What I'm Stitching

  • Little House Needleworks - Spot of Coffee
  • Monsterbubbles - Home (freebie)

What I'm Reading